Board Development & Engagement
Convergent’s Board Engagement and Development Workshop addresses the two anchors necessary for success: Engagement and Fund Development. It teaches your Board ways to engage its members more fully and understand philanthropy more completely.
Depending on your preferences, this workshop can be conducted either over one full day or two back-to-back half days.
Topics covered include:
- Why do board members eagerly attend some board meetings but dread going to others?
- What drives board member enthusiasm?
- How should board members be recruited?
- What does a successful fund development process look like and how does it work?
- What is the board’s role in fund development – as a whole and individually?
In a relaxed setting, board members get to practice what they learn through role play exercises that are fun and informative. A brief booklet summarizing workshop principles is provided each attendee and is a handy ready reference.