Anthony Meyer, CFRE
Senior Project Director
My passion about being involved in the philanthropic process centers around connecting investors or donors who are trying to be generous philanthropists with an organization’s outcomes and needs. If done the right way in terms of cultivation and solicitation, everyone wins!
Anthony is a 33-year fundraising veteran who has raised more than $400 million for nonprofits during his career. Excelling in the fields of stewardship, alumni relations, and business process improvement, Anthony has helped guide decision-making and fundraising for major organizations throughout the Southern United States including the Texas State Aquarium and universities such as Louisiana State, Florida State, and University of South Carolina. This breadth of experience has provided unique insight into helping nonprofits leverage strong, meaningful relationships in their communities.
His areas of specific expertise include major gift fundraising, planned giving, principal gift fundraising, campaign planning and management, comprehensive program analysis, strategic thinking, project execution, and board/volunteer training.
In his service to the nonprofit sector, Anthony has played an integral role in building dynamic fundraising teams and programs as well as directing and providing counsel to campaigns ranging from $1 million to $200 million. He has also served nonprofit boards in a variety of capacities at the local and national levels.
Summary of Experience
- Served as Senior Director of Development for both the Florida State University Foundation and Louisiana State University.
- Led the $115 million campaign for new College of Engineering at Louisiana State University.
- Directed a $50 million capital campaign to double the size of the aquarium as Director of Principal Gifts for Texas State Aquarium.
- Helped lead the $120 million campaign to build a new College of Business at University of South Carolina.
- Earned the designation of Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE).
- Bachelor of Arts from the College of Charleston in Political Science; Master’s degree in Institutional Fundraising from Vanderbilt University.