Carol Wick, LMFT
I believe there are many nonprofits doing great work but they risk closing their doors because of lack of funding. My passion is helping these organizations realize their vision and have sustainable funding so they can grow and do more great work.
I started my career working with at-risk children and gained international recognition for my ability to create and implement innovative and sustainable solutions. I love rolling up my sleeves and helping leadership quickly find solutions and move towards their goal.
My work takes me across the globe assisting nonprofits who are finding solutions to improve the future as well as those addressing immediate humanitarian and environmental crises. Utilizing my 25+ years of nonprofit experience, I work to ensure a better world for my child and future generations.
Carol started her career working with at-risk children and quickly gained international attention for her ability to create and implement innovative and sustainable solutions to century-old problems. Over the years, she has developed a proven method that can be applied to any organization to help them grow, build their brand, and attract and retain investors.
Prior to joining Convergent, Carol served as the CEO of nonprofit organizations for over two decades. During her tenure at the helm, she became an expert in turning around troubled or struggling organizations, using her business acumen to achieve financial stability and her advocacy to engage the community as partners in the mission. She has a proven track record of hard work, integrity, ethics, and success.
Utilizing this wealth of experience, Carol is assisting nonprofit organizations to assess their capacity and take their organization to the next level. Her services focus on creating dynamic, fundable plans, developing outcomes that investors care about, and global and national expansion/replication. By combining her organizational growth expertise and Convergent’s fundraising skills, Carol can help you develop the vision, test it, and sell it to investors to make it a reality.
Summary of Experience
- Developed a global award-winning domestic abuse screening app, featured in the New England Journal of Medicine, and in use worldwide.
- Published author of five evidence-based studies on program effectiveness.
- Raised more than $100 million in capital and strategic initiative funds.
- Numerous 7 and 8 figure successful asks.
- Recipient of numerous awards and accolades, including:
- “50 Most Powerful People in Orlando” by Orlando Magazine (2013, 2014, 2015, 2018).
- “CEO of the Year” by Orlando Business Journal (2015).
- “Woman of the Year” by Orange Appeal Magazine (2015).
- “Business Executive of the Year” by Orlando Business Journal (2014).
- “Central Floridian of the Year, Runner Up” by Orlando Sentinel (2013, 2015, 2016).
- “Humanitarian of the Year” by the Asian Chamber of Commerce (2014).
- Licensed therapist and, with her dog Leo, a nationally certified therapy dog team.
- Bachelor’s Degree from Florida State University; Master’s Degree from Auburn University; Certificate in Advanced Entrepreneurship from the Crummer School of Business at Rollins College; Certificate of Nonprofit Management from Harvard University Kennedy School of Government.
I’ve been running the day-to-day needs of my organization for the last 6 years, but I can’t do it all. We needed to lay a strong foundation for growth and fine-tune our areas of focus. That’s where Carol’s services and expertise came in. Having someone providing guidance that truly understands what I’m experiencing as a nonprofit CEO has been priceless.
Jill Cohen, Executive Director
The Lifeboat Project, FL