What makes my heart break? This is a question that I continue to ask myself daily. For the past 10 years, I’ve worked in many places with a variety of experiences. Nonprofits make my heart break because there is much work to be done. I’ve encountered testimonies from investors/donors throughout my career who appreciate the enthusiasm, passion, and urgency I bring to the table. This is not a job for me but a calling that God has placed in my life to transform people and nonprofits after my departure. I am walking in my purpose as I continue to be involved in the nonprofit spectrum, and the journey continues to be brighter in every moment.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Most recently worked as strategic planning consultant with CEOs, development directors, fundraisers, and political candidates in connecting with their donors, raising more money, and achieving long-term growth.
- Managed a $15 million capital campaign for the Media Research Center nonprofit organization.
- Led a team of 10 development officers who raised over $10 million for a total of seven campaigns in under nine months.
- Board Member and development volunteer with numerous nonprofit organizations in the areas of homelessness, racial reconciliation, mental health, international missions, church ministries, and community development.
- Graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in History from Belhaven University.