Having worked for or with roughly 25 different nonprofit organizations over the course of my career, I have come to realize each organization is different, which makes them special particularly to those who are connected to the organization. Yet, as I have also discovered, every one of these organizations shares one commonality: through mission, they make their community better.
Nothing inspires or gives me more personal satisfaction than bringing volunteers together to achieve an objective which is important to them and critical to their organization’s mission. Whether it’s raising funds to build a new structure, launching an impactful new program initiative, or raising money needed to deliver a mission, my ability to apply my knowledge and skill set to an organization’s cause has been a lifelong passion.
Harold, over his 25+ year career, has raised over $20,000,000 for a variety of nonprofit organizations. He is a well-organized developer of teams, programs, and organizations. He possesses senior-level experience in all aspects of fundraising, board development, and program implementation.
Harold is skilled at developing strong interpersonal and communication strategies to foster and cement organizational community and business partnerships.
Harold’s faced the challenges of conducting all aspects of capital campaigns, managing annual funds, implementing major and planned giving programs, coordinating large scale special events, and recruiting hundreds of volunteers to support organizational missions.
His enthusiasm, expertise and mission focus helps organizations to revitalize existing programs or create new ones that exceed fundraising goals.
Summary of Experience
- Over 25 years of fundraising experience, 15 of those years in key fund development leadership positions predominantly with the Boy Scouts of America and Big Brothers Big Sisters organizations.
- Recent capital campaign experience; New England Chapel, Franklin, MA –met $2,500,000 goal.
- Raised over $20,000,000 in support of organizational mission programming.
- $6,000,000 raise through capital campaigns for facilities.
- Gift planning results of over $3,000,000.
- Served as Walk Chairperson for
MA/NH Alzheimer’s Association, helping to raise over $1,000,000. • Board of Managers, Hockomock YMCA (MA).
- Executive Board of Directors, Association of Fundraising Professionals, Rhode Island Chapter.
- Long serving member of Rotary International.
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Massachusetts, Amherst.