Client Success Manager
My first introduction to the nonprofit industry was working on a Promise program, an educational initiative aimed at allowing students free tuition for post-secondary education. There are so many bright and talented students who yearn for the chance to continue their education but due to financial constraints, are unable to. It was incredibly gratifying to be a part of such an important program that would truly transform the lives of these students, their families, and the community as a whole.
That experience motivated me to join the Convergent team. The move has granted me exposure to numerous kinds of nonprofits and given me a new lens through which to view the world. I am particularly affected by those who mistreat animals and abandon babies and am so inspired by the organizations, and individuals behind them, who strive to provide the protection and support those less fortunate or forgotten need to thrive. Having the opportunity to help these and other nonprofits provide such critical support services to their communities gives me a great amount of personal fulfillment.
Karen brings a host of banking, fundraising, administration, marketing, and operational experience to her role. She is a valuable internal resource for our operations team, supporting and facilitating new client acquisition, hiring, onboarding and training, increasing management productivity, and providing overall support to the implementation of our various growth initiatives. By focusing on building and advancing client relationships and ensuring client satisfaction, Karen works to ensure Convergent maintains its reputation as the market leader in satisfaction and fundraising results.
After ten years in the banking industry where she served as the Credit Analyst and Construction Loan Administrator managing a$250 million loan portfolio, Karen moved to the nonprofit sector. Her day-to-day direction of a $4.5 million capital campaign advancing education and economic development gave her firsthand knowledge of what makes a successful campaign. Karen excels at attention to detail and multitasking, is highly organized, and has strong interpersonal skills, making her the perfect fit to ensure that nothing drops through the cracks and our operations team can provide the high caliber of service our clients have come to expect.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Organizes and coordinates operations activity and client relationship management throughout the firm.
- Ensures quality delivery of fundraising feasibility studies, capital campaigns, and special projects.
- Serves as point of contact for clients throughout project engagements, providing training as necessary.
- Contributes to strategy and execution of Opportunity
- Oversees onboarding and training of all new team members.
- Maintains quality control over internal IT systems, ensuring proper processes and procedures are in place for security and data quality.
- Provides overall support to the implementation of Convergent’s various growth initiatives.