With more than 25 years of experience at the local, national, and international levels in the nonprofit, training and development, and medical industries, Karla’s experience provides proven, effective results, offering return on investment for the enterprises and the clients she has served and the teams she has led.
Her career in public service also spans more than two decades. At Goodwill, she held the Chief Operating Officer role, and she served as vice president of community impact and leadership development at Community Based Care of Central Florida, a local child welfare organization.
Karla is an innovator and agent of change who knows how to organically corner market share through relationship building. She excels in leading, influencing, management and training, business development, public relations, marketing, operations, and personnel. She is a community leader and connector with a vast portfolio of contacts and established relationships in the independent, public, and private sectors at the local, national, and international levels.
She is committed to listening to client needs and focusing energies to bring profitable growth, as well as a positive community economic impact. She is especially enthusiastic about initiatives building social entrepreneurship models and empowering communities to transition from poverty.
Summary of Experience
- Served as expert panelist at the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2015, Opportunity Collaboration in Mexico, and SAP Sapphire Now Global Conference
- Current member of the Community Health Centers of Central Florida Board of Directors
- Founding Director of the national award-winning program, “Public Allies Central Florida” and Co-Founder of Hope New International
- Winner of the Community Impact Award from the Women’s Executive Council
- Excellent written and oral bilingual communication skills
- Frequent speaker at the local and national level