Len Romano, MBA, M.Div.
Senior Project Director
Len brings over 38 years of nonprofit senior management and CEO experience to the Convergent team. The majority of this time has been spent with YMCAs in the Northeast, Midwest, and Mountain regions. After graduating early from college to begin his first position at the YMCA of Greater Worcester, Len learned at the age of 23 the joy of fundraising to enhance the lives of children and families. By the time he was 33 years old, Len had his first YMCA CEO position.
In addition to his YMCA background, Len also has experience with senior housing, skilled nursing, assisted living, hotel management, foster care, and adoption programs. He has successfully turned around several struggling organizations by focusing on staff development and implementing innovative operating concepts. Len has used this model to grow earned revenue, improve operating environments, motivate the workforce, innovate, and raise millions in contributed support for businesses he has led and consulted.
A major factor of Len’s success has been his life experience. He has truly learned by doing. When tasked with uncovering ways to generate earned revenue, he utilizes entrepreneurial strategies and tactics. One of his key strengths is the ability to assess talent, and resource organizations with the right workforce to get them to the next level. Not only does this benefit the organization, it also impacts the personal growth of the staff. Proof of this is the fact that 16 individuals who have worked for him have become CEOs or C-Suite executives in other organizations.
Summary of Experience
- Five years as President and CEO of the YMCA of Greater Omaha
- Six years as Senior Vice President and COO of the YMCA of Greater Boston
- Five years as CEO of the YMCA of Metropolitan Denver
- Utilized skills in community relationship building and collaboration, public image and awareness to successfully fundraise including largest lead gift of $7,000,000
- Experience consulting with for-profit and nonprofit businesses in board development, strategic planning, staff training, problem solving, and innovation
- BS from University of Maryland; MBA from Northeastern University; Master of Divinity from Louisiana Baptist University and Theological Seminary