Maria Cherjovsky, MA, CDP
Maria Cherjovsky is an accomplished professional with an extensive background holding leadership roles at state colleges, for-profit companies, and non-profit organizations. She has consulted with organizations around the world as a strategist for more than 20 years, specifically for higher education institutions in the United States, Europe, South America, and the Caribbean. In this time, she developed a unique expertise leading professional teams focused on delivering programs and services in support of local and regional communities in need.
Throughout her career, Maria has implemented programs generating more than $8 million from foundation investments and governmental grants. She has done impactful work as a diversity and inclusion advocate and led teams, both large and small, making a difference in the lives of over 50,000 people on a given year.
She is also a seasoned presenter who enjoys collaborating with the community, providing access and opening doors to traditionally disadvantaged audiences. This is evidenced most recently by her work at Goodwill as Vice President of Mission Services and Workforce Innovation, as well as her efforts as President of the Florida Diversity Council for the past seven years.
Maria has made a significant contribution to her home community in Central Florida by volunteering for multiple causes, including animal rescue efforts.
Summary of Experience
- Vice President of Mission Services and Innovation at Goodwill Industries of Central Florida, Inc.
- Fourteen years in leadership roles at the University of Central Florida including Director of Education Programs, Outreach, and Partnerships.
- President of the Central Florida Disability Chamber of Commerce.
- Certified Diversity Professional (CDP) from the National Diversity Council.
- Ed.D. [Candidate] in Education, Higher Education Leadership and Policy Studies; Human Resource Management Certificate (SHRM), Masters Certificate in Project Management; Masters Degree in Educational Technology and Instructional Systems Design with focus on Organizational Development and Training (University of Central Florida).