Senior Project Director
At the age of 22, I was asked to volunteer with an innovative, after-school initiative that helped talented but underachieving high school students find their way and strive for college. Soon after saying yes, I helped co-found a nonprofit company for the same initiative. I will never forget when one of the program graduates personally thanked me and told me how the program changed her life. Needless to say, I was all-in on volunteering and service as a major part of my life from that moment forward.
My nonprofit passion is rooted in my personal belief that we are all bestowed a unique gift or talent and our purpose is to share that gift to serve others. I believe Mother Teresa said it best, “Not all of us can do great things, but we can do small things with great care.”
Economic development led me out of the for-profit world to work full time in the nonprofit industry. I have always believed that beyond all measures used to track economic development, the ultimate measurement is improving quality of life. It’s very fulfilling to work at Convergent helping clients successfully raise the resources needed to execute key programs. I feel very fortunate to combine a personal passion with my career where I have the opportunity to make a significant positive impact in communities throughout our country.
Michael has more than twenty-five years of leadership experience working with C-level executives and elected officials in creating ground-breaking initiatives, building successful partnerships, and raising significant investments that yield desirable outcomes. His unique professional journey as a professional fundraiser, corporate executive, non-profit co-founder and serial entrepreneur has enabled him to impact public and private leaders across a wide spectrum of industry, both domestically and abroad.
Throughout his career, Michael has worked extensively in the economic development and fundraising sectors. Michael served as the Economic Development Chair for the Fulton County Commission Chairman’s South Fulton Ambassador Committee and as Economic Development Chair for the Fulton County District 5 Constituent Task Force. He is a seasoned trusted advisor and coalition builder who is recognized as an innovative “connector”, with a gift for transforming ideas and strategy into solutions that generate new business value and successful outcomes for clients and stakeholders.
Prior to joining Convergent, Michael established and led a public-private partnership in Atlanta (South Fulton County), Georgia with the Mayors of five cities, defining the narrative to cultivate investment, spur vibrant growth, support education, foster workforce development, and enhance quality of life.
Summary of Experience
- Developed strategy and playbook for $150 million legislative transportation funding initiative
- Co-created the strategy, branding, and investment cultivation for $100 billion Georgia Aerotropolis Corridor master planned development
- Advisory Council member for the Millennials Chamber of Commerce to
develop international corporate fundraising strategy
- Served as Executive Director of Connect South Fulton, leading regional economic development for eight cities
- Partnered to land $66.6m in corporate capital investment and to create 1,677 jobs in South Fulton County
- Highly successful at making six-figure asks for affiliated non-profits, including the United Way of Atlanta
- Past service includes Atlanta Beltline,
TADAC board, Atlanta Airport Rotary Club, Camp Creek Business Association (President), South Fulton County Chamber of Commerce (Ambassador)
- Executive MBA (Emory University); BBA in Management Information Systems (University of Georgia)