Born on a hay farm in southwestern Pennsylvania, never did I imagine that I would someday manage an automotive assembly plant building 1,700 cars per day. At an early age, my parents and grandparents instilled in me a sense of confidence that one can do anything with perseverance, integrity, and clear goals and objectives. I learned early on that by breaking those objectives down into manageable tasks, assigning the right people to the tasks, and paying close attention to detail, success could be achieved.
Throughout my career, I have embraced the importance of giving back and investing in the community. I believe it is imperative that we as individuals and corporate entities support the growth of our communities and their economic development. Following the philosophy of an investment-driven model, I strive to generate growth through the creation of employment with sound decision-making based on ROI and desired outcomes.
Having worked with companies recognized for their innovative products and advanced manufacturing techniques, I bring structured project management methods to both fundraising and economic development. Along with being highly motivated, I focus on constant and relevant communication ensuring a streamlined and productive process aimed at achieving results.
An internationally renowned expert in concurrent engineering, automotive manufacturing, and the implementation of new technologies, Ron Shriver has 40 years of experience in corporate leadership in the manufacturing arena. Ron has served as a corporate officer with four global manufacturers in the automotive and air filtration industries with annual operating budgets up to $580 million. His responsibilities have included process and product engineering, multi-plant operations management, and economic development through the expansion of manufacturing operations.
Ron has conducted multiple feasibility studies, secured funding, led execution teams, and hired manufacturing staff for six greenfield plants with capital investments totaling $765 million and leading to the creation of more than 8,400 jobs. For each of these projects, Ron worked with state, county, and local Chambers as well as multiple economic development organizations and job councils. He is also an expert in negotiated tax incentives for new industry.
Beyond his professional career, Ron has been involved with multiple nonprofit organizations serving as both a Board Member and Committee Chair. On both a corporate and personal level, he has championed support for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Easter Seals, and Special Olympics.
Summary of Responsibilities
- VP and General Manager at Honda’s North American Operations Office
- VP of Manufacturing at Fabco Division of Thyssenkrupp Budd
- VP of Operations of Martinrea International
- VP of Operations at the North American Air Filtration Division of AAF-Flanders
- Appointed to a Committee of the U.S. Department of Energy
- Past board member for Honda Engineering of America
- Honda’s Engineering Project Leader for the model change of the 1996 Civic
- Re-engineered products for Flanders Corporation that contributed to increasing equity value by $237 million
- Organized and implemented cost-saving initiatives with Honda generating $520 million in annual savings
- Recipient of a design patent for an automated machine control system
- Bachelors of Science in Electronic Engineering from Ohio Institute of Technology