After coordinating a series of volunteer efforts and fundraising programs for my previous employer, I was inspired to move into the nonprofit industry. I loved the feeling of fulfillment that coincided with helping nonprofit organizations succeed and was hoping to put my new-found passion to task. Through my work with Convergent, I’m able to help connect nonprofits with the knowledge and services necessary to secure needed funded in a very tangible way.
For the last seven years, I’ve been Convergent’s primary point of contact for every incoming call. I’ve spoken with nonprofit founders, executives, board members, and passionate volunteer leaders from throughout the country and the sector, learning about their fundraising challenges and biggest concerns regarding hiring professional counsel. These insights help ensure that our external communications strategy, from blogs to webinars to conference keynotes, are focused on providing you with the resources and answers you need to develop successful and sustainable fundraising practices. I can’t tell you how rewarding it is to hear that content I helped create and distribute, “was exactly what I was looking for.”
I still find it extremely gratifying to help you find the resources and insights needed to strengthen your fundraising, your organization, and your outcomes. Have a topic you’d like to see us address via blog, newsletter, or webinar? Please feel free to reach out!
Samantha brings over ten years of experience in client services and communications in both the B2B and B2C arenas to the Convergent team. Before joining Convergent, she worked as the Client Services Manager for the Atlanta branch of Schlesinger Associates, an international market research facility. During her time there, she was appointed team lead on an inter-facility collaboration testing the effectiveness of various communications channels used between facilities to ensure continuity of client care. This career experience taught her the importance of listening to clients and anticipating their needs, as well as honing her communications and multi-tasking skills.
As Communications Director at Convergent, Samantha is responsible for the planning and execution of our marketing strategy, web presence, and all internal and external communications. While keeping the needs and concerns of our constituency in mind, she thoughtfully cultivates and utilizes strategic partnerships to develop high-quality guest blogs and articles, webinars, speaking engagements, sponsorships, and more. She is always looking for new opportunities to connect our team to the nonprofit organizations who will most benefit from our fundraising expertise.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Ensures Convergent’s website makes the best first impression possible by overseeing the development and execution of all content and formatting.
- Manages SEO and SEM strategies.
- Oversees the development, scheduling, and execution of all internal and external communications, including newsletters and PR announcements.
- Manages Convergent’s social media presence, including content creation, execution, and network engagement.
- Coordinates conference activities and ensures we effectively capitalize on all attendee, exhibitor, sponsor, and presenter benefits.
- Oversees the content and design of all marketing materials, ensuring brand standards and voice are maintained.
- Develops and maintains relationships with strategic marketing partners.