Sean Stockard, CEcD
For over 25 years, I have dedicated my professional life to helping communities better themselves through solid job creation, quality of life efforts, and developing a better sense of community involvement. The organizations that often champion these efforts are the unsung, volunteer-driven nonprofits in our communities.
These organizations are often looked to in times of need after natural disasters, asked to take on a wide variety of community enhancement activities, and expected to make their communities better places in general.
However, the one thing that these organizations are so often missing is the necessary funds to carry out their community missions. So, after nearly three decades of working on the spending side of the equation, it is now my pleasure and honor to be working on the fundraising side of the equation to do my part to ensure that these programs and organizations receive the funding necessary to carry out their mission of making their communities great places to live, work, and raise a family. I am proud to be part of a team that is dedicated to making this happen and to do my part to ensure all our communities are great places to call home!
Sean’s practice in economic development spans 25+ years. Over this time, he served as President/CEO or a senior staff member of several economic development organizations in Texas and Washington. His work created and retained primary-wage jobs through business start-ups and industry retention expansion and recruitment.
He led fundraising efforts for the Vernon, TX Chamber of Commerce and the Taylor, TX Chamber of Commerce.
As a leader in the communities where he worked, he served on Chamber of Commerce boards and civic organization boards.
In his last position as President/CEO of The Alliance, Brazoria County, TX, Sean led the organization’s first membership and dues increase drive in over 15 years. This effort resulted in an annual contribution from the County in the amount of $100,000 as well as funding from a membership dues increase of 40% a year.
Sean has also held public relations roles to assist fundraising campaigns to position themselves with stakeholders. He has extensive experience in strategic planning, board of director recruitment, and team building.
Summary of Experience
- Negotiated millions of dollars in economic development incentives.
- Co-Lead of the Site Team for the $5 Billion Tesla Gigafactory Project in Williamson County, Texas, resulting in the runner-up site for the project.
- Served as Chairman and Brazoria County representative on the Brazoria-Ft. Bend Rail District which oversees the development of a 60 mile-long short-line rail system to carry freight arriving at Port Freeport due to the Panama Canal widening.
- Led multiple business recruitment missions originating in Texas to California, New York, New Jersey, and Illinois and attracted new industry.
- Proficient in economic development, community, and organizational strategy and planning.
- Career emphasis on team building among stakeholders and engagement as a community leader.
- Co-founder of the Leadership Vernon Program.
- BA, Washington State University.
- Pursuing a Masters in Economic Development & Entrepreneurship – 4.0 GPA, University of Houston-Victoria.