Zebulon Weaver IV
When I began working with Convergent I had no idea what nonprofit fundraising truly meant. I very quickly realized the one common link shared by every nonprofit organization is the desire to make lives better. Each nonprofit organization has its own focus and mission, yet all strive to improve the quality of life for others. Our clients strive for better education, better job opportunities, better health, and better living conditions for all living creatures.
Fundraising for nonprofit organizations in communities across the country can be challenging emotionally but it’s always an adventure and incredibly gratifying once you see how the money raised changes lives. A lot of pleasure comes from knowing that every dollar raised supports our clients’ projects, is a dollar being spent improving the lives of others.
Zeb’s leadership set the pace for organizations’ significant growth and expansion several times during his career, delivering strong and sustainable financial results. He employs a focused commitment to new business development, market positioning solutions, and fostering key relationships with strategic clients. Between his eight years experience as a business owner and time spent working for a multi-billion dollar corporation, Zeb has developed a full understanding of what it takes to successfully manage people and projects to achieve defined goals.
His fundraising experience ranges from small, rural communities to large, urban cities; from economic development organizations to animal welfare and human services groups. A professional approach to feasibility studies, their attendant analysis, and management of capital campaigns makes Zeb an effective fundraiser with over $20 million in funds raised. In fact, the campaigns he has managed have exceeded the established goal by an average of nine percent.
Zeb’s greatest strength is his organizational skill and ability to manage projects efficiently, optimizing their success. He has defined critical strategies for new business development, marketing, and performance improvement, then transitioned those strategies into high-impact actions.
Summary of Experience
- Recent campaign experience includes:
- $7.9M, North Carolina Chamber of Commerce, NC.
- $1.6M, Southern Tier Economic Growth, NY.
- $1.2M, Greenwood Humane Society, SC.
- $1.1M, Rutherford County EDC, NC.
- $784,000, SouthernCarolina Alliance, SC.
- Transitioned a public economic development organization to a public-private partnership and secured $220,000 in private sector and municipal support to supplement the county’s $340,000 base funding.
- Completed an economic development campaign that increased the organization’s investor base by 30%, secured a 64% increase in annual funding, and surpassed the campaign’s “stretch goal” for their multi-year economic growth initiative.
- Member of several local business organizations, including the Charlotte Chamber of Commerce and Charlotte Business Professionals.
- Active in a variety of nonprofit organizations, including:
- Kiwanis Club, Member.
- March of Dimes, Founded the Five’s Drive Golf Tournament charity event.
- Special Olympics World Games, 1999 Host Town Committee Co-Chair.
- Business Management degree from North Carolina State University.
As the interview process began, I began receiving calls regularly from Greenwood citizens who just wanted to let me know how much they had enjoyed their interviews, how much they had enjoyed meeting Zeb, and most importantly, stating that his presence had conveyed a level of professionalism that had benefited our organization and our cause. I appreciated the calls from first-time interviewees but was so impressed that I also heard from past and current board members of our local university, regional health care system, and our internationally known genetic center, so familiar with this process but also so impressed with Zeb’s work.
Dean Faden, Chair
Humane Society of Greenwood, SC