It was not till later in life that I recognized my spark for serving others began during high school while working as a summer camp counselor at the Woodruff Scout Reservation. Originally, I understood my role was all about teaching outdoor camping skills. In reality, I was learning how to develop a community and then leading them toward accomplishing a goal.
A call with my former camp director after college secured a life-changing transition into the nonprofit world as a professional scouter with the Boy Scouts of America. Twenty years later, I continue to thrive on building teams of volunteers and donors who endeavor to make an impact on the communities we serve. The benefits from our work will have an influence for years to come.
Summary of Experience
- Expanded Mason Prep’s annual fall giving program donor roll by 222 percent.
- Served as an elected official liaison with the American Red Cross for eight natural disaster response operations.
- Exceeded Andrew College’s $16 million capital campaign goal by $850,000.
- Secured four seven-figure gifts for Andrew College’s annual giving programs.
- Graduate of the Georgia Academy of Economic Development.
- As Chair of the Hogansville Downtown Development Authority, secured the City’s first Better Hometown Accreditation and was awarded a USDA Rural Business Enterprise Grant.
- Bachelor of Science in Pre-Professional Biology, Western Carolina University.
- Masters in Public Administration, University of West Georgia.