Director of Operations
I entered into the nonprofit field immediately after college driven mostly by a passion for outreach with teens. After launching a program in a local high school, I realized the importance and critical value of operations. I could invest my time in relationships with a handful of students, or I could invest it in systems that would enable scalability to reach hundreds of students. From that point on, my drive was systems and efficiencies that maximize the desired result.
I’m often kidded that this even overlaps into my hobbies and personal time. I want to find ways to be better and more efficient in everything I do. At Convergent, I get to fulfill this desire every day. I work with our team of skilled professionals to help increase the impact of the nonprofit organizations we work with in communities across the country.
Brian has developed a broad range of nonprofit experience through his career. He has led launches of local chapters for international organizations, directed the operational aspects of brand-new nonprofits, and developed cross-sector partnerships to identify innovative solutions for community development.
Prior to joining Convergent, Brian served as campaign director with a regional firm that managed capital fundraising campaigns for nonprofits. There he focused on building, scaling, and executing complex projects while developing systems to drive operational efficiencies.
Every nonprofit organization has an important mission but not many can quantify and communicate the value proposition of the impact they desire to achieve. Brian has helped organizations across various sectors develop case statements and impact strategies to effectively communicate their outcomes to key stakeholders and investors. At Convergent, Brian works closely with our project directors on strategic direction, day-to-day operations, expense control, and ultimately fundraising success for our clients
Brian resides in Buford, Georgia, with his wife, two daughters, one dog, and eight chickens.
Summary of Experience
- VP of Operations at First Community Development, supervised entire operations staff of fundraising professionals and multiple capital campaigns.
- Led development of a coalition of community leaders from various sectors to create Breakthrough Norcross — a collective impact initiative focused on improving educational and economic outcomes for students.
- A member of Leadership Georgia class of 2019.
- Elder and Treasurer at Emmaus Church.
- BA in Business Management with an emphasis on Marketing from Carson-Newman College in Jefferson City, Tennessee.
- Completed graduate level coursework at Moody Bible Institute and Reformed Theological Seminary.