Director of Campaign Services
I love what I do for nonprofits. Throughout my career in fundraising, I’ve been able to participate in all aspects of the fundraising process, beginning with the development of the strategic plan, then testing the plan with community stakeholders during the feasibility study, and finally, in directing a successful capital campaign. Playing a role in the transformational impact our clients have on their communities is very rewarding and drives my passion.
And to think, it all started with a honking car. True story–I was crossing the crosswalk at the airport in Atlanta when a motorist honked his horn. It turned out to be a friend who was moving to Atlanta to work in fundraising. He told me how excited he was and told me to give him a call if I was interested in learning more. After much discussion, my fundraising career began and I’ve never looked back.
Additionally, as a Colon Cancer survivor, I do a lot of work in my hometown of Jacksonville, Florida with a local nonprofit to raise Colon Cancer screening awareness. Colon Cancer is preventable if caught early. I am now a tireless advocate to raise Colon Cancer screening awareness, which I know first-hand saves lives.
Paul has a diverse business development and management background in the private sector working with both large corporations and start-up companies in a variety of industry sectors. This experience has served him well throughout his 20-year career helping nonprofit organizations substantially increase funding.
His management and implementation of fundraising campaigns has resulted in over $40 million for a wide range of nonprofits, including historic landmarks, education organizations, chambers of commerce, economic development organizations and the Boy Scouts of America. He also served as Development Director with PACE Center for Girls, Inc., with 19 locations in the state of Florida. PACE is recognized as having one of the most effective programs in the country for keeping girls from entering the juvenile justice system.
The multitude of successful campaigns Paul has completed speaks well for his diligent efforts, skills working with individuals from different backgrounds, and overall professionalism.
Additionally, as a colon cancer survivor, he tirelessly advocates on behalf of colon cancer awareness and was asked to provide his fundraising expertise to the Borland-Groover Clinic Foundation which operates the largest digestive disease practice in the southeast to increase funding for their annual 5K.
Summary of Experience
- Successful fundraising management projects include:
- $9.2 million for Piedmont Triad Partnership (NC), a 12-county regional partnership.
- $2 million for Greater Burlington Partnership (IA) on a $1.75 million goal.
- $3 million for Greater Hot Springs Metro Partnership (AR).
- $1.2 million for Bay Future, Inc. (MI).
- $2.1 million for Mobile Area Education Foundation (AL).
- Extensive experience conducting feasibility studies, including:
- Dutchess County EDC (NY).
- Shoals Chamber of Commerce (AL).
- Ventura County Boy Scout Council (CA).
- Erie County Economic Development Corporation (OH).
- Valley Healthcare Systems (GA).
- Queen of Peace Radio (FL).
- Ocala/Marion County Chamber & Economic Partnership (FL).
- US Navy Veteran; received Navy Achievement Medal.
- Volunteer fundraiser for “The March to Get Screened,” which seeks to increase colon cancer awareness, and the National Association of Veterans and Families in Jacksonville, FL.
- Additional volunteer experience includes work with the Special Olympics, MS Society, as well as youth basketball and football coaching.
- Attended Florida State College.