Senior Director, Campaign Services
Rex has generated over $100 million for various nonprofit organizations over his 30+ year career. He has led development efforts for churches, nonprofits, and universities.
During his career, he has had the opportunity to work with over two dozen college, university, and private college-preparatory institutions, with responsibilities ranging from directing capital and comprehensive campaigns to the overhaul of development operations. For instance, he reworked Catawba College’s (NC) annual fund program, exceeding their $1.2 million goal each year, and energized Rockford College’s (IL) annual fund, doubling the four-year campaign goal and raising over $10 million.
As a chief development officer and career fundraiser, Rex has met the challenges of managing campaigns, annual funds, major gifts, planned giving, alumni/parent programs, and large teams of volunteers. His energetic, innovative approach and focus on genuine relationship building equip him to revitalize existing programs and create new ones, continually exceeding fundraising goals throughout his career.
Rex’s talents are suited for his role, interfacing with Convergent clients and assisting the Project Directors who serve them.
Summary of Experience
- Managed Catawba College’s Our Catawba: The Forward Path campaign, which raised $46 million in its first three years.
- Successfully managed campaigns, strategic planning, board development, and executive search for universities and statewide and regional nonprofits and ministries.
- Revitalized Heartland Community Church’s $16 million Making Ripples campaign.
- Clients have included Catawba College, Johnson Wales University, Cabrini University, Trine University, and Urbana University.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management, Alderson-Broaddus College.
- Masters in Education Administration, West Virginia University.