Senior Project Director
I’ve staked my adult career path on nonprofit organizations, so I deeply and clearly believe in the high value they bring to our communities. Whether they’re seeking to provide rescue and positive placements for animals, address crucial social needs, or bolster a community’s economic strength, I see nonprofits assisting every sector of our society.
I’ve personally benefited from nonprofits as well. Early on, I purchased my first home through a neighborhood nonprofit, an amazing collaboration connecting first-time homebuyers with mortgage advice, rehab grants, etc. I’ve now spent the bulk of my adult life serving within nonprofits (mostly in the crisis and human services sectors), so I understand their unique funding needs and, given the right strategies, their powerful fundraising capabilities. Knowing firsthand the ins and outs of maximizing an organization’s strengths, I’ve successfully organized capital and operational fundraising, donor relationship-building, and events.
While serving within an organization that needed a significant capital campaign, I became acquainted with—and was soundly impressed by—Convergent’s outstanding campaign process and people. When I was presented with the opportunity to actually join the team, I was thrilled!
Summary of Responsibilities
- Served as CEO of a large nonprofit in the Midwest, overseeing a capital campaign and several annual campaigns.
- Responsible for directing several major donor and mid-level donor fundraising programs.
- Founder and CEO of a successful direct marketing firm, serving dozens of nonprofit organizations throughout the US and raising millions of dollars.
- Successfully launched and grew a communications department to include website development, direct mail, social media, online advertising, radio, public relations, and event promotions.
- Master’s of Administrative Leadership in Adult Education from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.