Since joining the fundraising industry in 1996, Rick has provided fundraising counsel in dozens of communities throughout the nation. His expertise has resulted in raising more than $100 million for nonprofits including chambers of commerce, affordable housing organizations, economic development councils, community development organizations, a YMCA, entrepreneurial support organizations, and the Boy Scouts of America. This diverse assortment of fundraising experience provides Rick with a rare, well-rounded understanding of all aspects of community fundraising – both economic and community development.
Rick previously served as the founder and President of Integrity Fundraising, a boutique firm that worked with just a few clients every year. His intimate and extensive involvement in every project led to a long list of happy clients and references, and he brings this focus on quality to Convergent.
Summary of Experience
- Managed and/or supervised feasibility studies and/or capital campaigns in Framingham, MA; Elmira, NY; Pittston, PA; Research Triangle Park, NC; Lewiston, ID; Burlington, IA; Spokane, WA; Dyersburg, TN; Columbus, GA; Pasadena, CA; Fremont, OH; Mandeville, LA; Henderson, KY; Seattle, WA; Greenwood, SC; and many other communities across the country
- Graduated from numerous leadership and training initiatives:
- Leadership Raleigh, 2002
- Leadership MetroWest, 2006
- Boston Chamber’s Future Leaders, 2007
- US Chamber’s Institute for Organizational Management, 2014 (expected)
- Serves on many local nonprofit boards:
- Boston Minuteman Council, Boy Scouts of America (2006 – present)
- Natick, MA Economic Development Comm. (2009 – present)
- Natick, MA Affordable Housing Trust (2008 – 2010)
- Earned his Executive MBA from the University of North Carolina’s Kenan-Flagler Business School and a BA in Business Management from North Carolina State University