Steve Stevens, CCE, IOM, RCE
Senior Project Director
After attaining a business degree at the University of Kentucky, Steve Stevens worked six years for his family’s mechanical contracting business in Greater Cincinnati where he gained invaluable business skills and acumen that served him throughout his entire career. He attributes a strong work ethic and most of what he gained from his father who taught him many valuable lessons along the way.
Steve began a career in association management and economic development with The Kentucky Chamber of Commerce in Frankfort to develop a small business division
and to work in government affairs for the state Chamber where he lobbied at the Capitol on behalf of his constituency. Three years later, he joined the Northern Kentucky Chamber where he managed government affairs and served as the
Chamber’s legislative agent and primary advocate in both the state capitol in Frankfort and to more than 20 local governments. Twelve years later he was named the organization’s CEO.
Steve then moved across the country to become the CEO of Greater Spokane, Incorporated. The organization grew 1,000 jobs and spearheaded a campaign to secure more than $150 million in new infrastructure dollars to improve transportation in the community in his first 15 months.
Returning to Kentucky, Steve led the state’s largest trade association as CEO of the state association of Realtors. After six years at the association, he once again chose a new path, becoming an effective fundraiser for not-for-profit organizations – directing campaign operations for multi-year, multi-million-dollar campaigns.
Summary of Experience
- Named Chamber Executive of the Year by the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce Executives
- Twice awarded U.S. Chamber Five-Star Accreditation while at the NKY Chamber
- Achieved National Association of REALTORS® President’s Cup for six consecutive years for PAC funding and advocacy goals
- Graduate & Center for Creative Leadership (Greensboro, NC) and Leadership Kentucky
- Boy Scouts of America – member of board at Dan Beard Council, and Inland Northwest Council; Silver Beaver award winner
- 210 Leaders business mentor
- University of Kentucky Alumni Band and UKAB Association – Drummer and incoming association president
- Competitive age group triathlete